Take online courses at home or at work with supervisory approval.
Online Learning Program
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to learn what you want, when you want, and at your own pace. All you need is a computer and a connection to the Internet.
SkillSoft Course Categories (sample)
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources
- IT End-User
- IT Professionals
- Personal Computer
- Personal Development
- Safety and Health Course
- Safety & Health
- Transportation Partnership Labor-Management
- Working With the Contract
- Labor-Management Committee Basics
For a complete listing of the over 2,600 courses available, view the online learning catalog at HERE
For more information about registering for the Partnership's Online Learning Program, visit their website HERE
Call (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332 for areas outside the Capital Region.
How to obtain free and confidential educational advisement
- Current Tuition Benefits catalog and how employees can apply for tuition vouchers, tuition reimbursement, and credit-by- examination fee reimbursement
- Online Learning course catalog
- Downloadable publications including application forms and education guides
- Program specific announcements
- Education and training success stories
- Answers to frequent questions
- Directory of Partnership staff
For the latest announcements of learning opportunities and workforce development resources for CSEA-represented NYS employees, NYS agency managers, and CSEA leaders
- Courses available for managers and CSEA leaders to jointly request for employees at worksites
- Labor-management services including custom facilitation and consultation, labor-management committee (LMC) development courses, LMC Resource Center
- Access to online learning
- Safety & health information
- Worksite training application form for joint requests
- Workforce development funding opportunities
- Quality of Work Life Grants
EDUCATIONAL ADVISEMENT SERVICES
Educational Advisement Services is confidential free advice. Advisors can work with you in the following areas:
- Financing Your Education - Information about various ways to pay for education, eligibility requirements, federal tax credits, and scholarships.
- Educational Planning - Assistance with choosing courses best suited to your needs, determining whether a school or non-traditional college program is your best alternative, deciding whether or not to pursue a college degree, and how to choose a college major.
- Adult Education Basics, GED, and ESOL - Referral information and advisement to improve math, reading, and writing skills; study English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL); obtain a high school diploma or GED; or enhance pre- college skills. Many classes are free and held at convenient locations. All conversations are confidential.
Advisors may be reached Monday -Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. by calling the telephone numbers below. At other times a message may be left for a call back at a time convenient to you. Advisors may also be contacted by email at the address below.
If you are a CSEA-represented employee (local government, private sector, and New York State), you can meet your training and personal goals by taking:
LEARNING FOR SUCCESS COURSES
Review the descriptions of 22 courses available from our web catalog. Choose a course, complete an application form, and obtain your supervisor's approval.
Categories of Courses Include:
- Adult Education Basics
- Clerical and Secretarial
- Educational Advisement
- Institutional and Direct Care
- Operations and Maintenance
- Work and Life
- Open to CSEA-represented employees in local government (county, city, town, village, school), private sector, and New York State (all CSEA bargaining units -ASU, ISU, OSU, DMNA).
- One-half day to twelve days in length
- Held during the day at conveniently located training sites
- Offered at no cost to employees or employers
The CSEA WORK Institute and NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation in employment, admission, or access to its programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided on request.
Through the cooperation of labor and management, the Partnership provides programs and services designed for 77,000 CSEA-represented NYS employees in more than 1,000 agency facilities and worksites within the State's Executive Branch. These individuals serve in jobs that include clerical and secretarial, institutional and direct care, and operational and maintenance titles.
The Partnership also provides programs and services to NYS managers (such as agency or facility managers, human resources directors, and training directors) and CSEA leaders (such as CSEA local presidents, officers, and representatives) for its CSEA-represented NYS employees.
Help For Your Future
The NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training (Partnership) is committed to helping CSEA-represented NYS employees get to where they want to be in their chosen fields of employment. Resources are available to help you make decisions about your education.
Partnership educational advisors are available toll-free for individual confidential advisement in the areas of educational planning, alternative approaches to further education, educational financing, and adult education basics.
Other educational materials are available on the Partnership's web site: www.nyscseapartnership.org.
We hope you will use these valuable services and resources. We wish you the very best in your educational pursuits.
Contact the Partnership
NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training
Corporate Plaza East - Suite 502
240 Washington Ave. Ext.
Albany, NY 12203
Telephone: (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332
Fax: (518) 473-9457
Contact Information by Program Area
Job Skills and Professional Development
Adult Education Basics
Clerical and Secretarial
Institutional and Direct Care
Operations and Maintenance
Safety and Health
Stephanie Rockmacher or Mark Stackrow
Work and Life
Committee Development Courses, Contract Administration Courses, Custom Consultation and Facilitation Services
Russell Ferguson, Peter Trolio, and Lori Zwicker
Labor-Managemnt Workforce Development Grants
Quality of Work Life Grants
Central-Region 5 & Western-Region 6
Phone/Fax: (607) 535-7382